The EpicQuestz Newsletter #61 (23/07/23)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
ISSUE 61 - 23 July 2023

Editor’s Note

Hi, hello, what’s up, greetings, salutations, and welcome. Saying it’s been a while would be an understatement, since my last newsletter was well over 18 months ago, but due to the requests of many, many people (one person asked me) I’m back! Since my return from my thanos-snap like disappearance almost a year ago, it’s been great to see the server in such a good place the last couple of weeks. I’ve got plenty to talk to you about today, and I could waffle on for hours but that’s enough of my mumbo jumbo already. Let’s just get on with the main event of the day: the sixty-first EpicQuestz newsletter!
-@lee_yam11

Project Progress

Osgiliath | In Progress
Project Leader: @LimeeFox

We’ve built 9 new houses and decorated a few backyards. Concerns have risen conerning the atmosphere of the project, with claims that the city feels too modern. We will be modifying a few of the existing buildings to include more arches in an attempt to come closer to Roman or Byzantine architecture. There are also worries about the greyness of the city, which we are carefully trying to fix. One of the considerations was to try and change the block pallette of house walls across the city, to introduce colour.
- Project Leader, @LimeeFox

Bree | In Progress
Co-Leader: @LimeeFox Co-Leader: @lee_yam11

Many new interiors have been decorated, including a couple of hobbit holes. The streets are also receiving tiny detail additions. The roofed market has been slightly redesigned to have a prettier roof frame and include smaller windows.
- Project Leader, @LimeeFox

Rohan Terrain | In Progress
Leader: @Enoshade

After a (very) long hiatus, I’ve restarted working on Rohan terrain! The worldheight has been changed to make use of what 1.19 allows, the white mountains re-sculpted to reach new peaks of 500+ blocks, all to enable the next Rohan location to be completed: Helm’s Deep. Among all of our builds, it is perhaps most sorely in need of a terrain face-lift, so that is what I will be trying to bring about with the extra vertical space; a somewhat more movie-accurate and, more importantly, visually engaging contrast of heights between the hornburg and the cliffs behind it.
- Project Leader, @Enoshade

Dead Marshes | In Progress
Leader: @raarmaarwaar

The project has made significant progress over the past few weeks. Ground layers have been added with ores, caves, and spawners, just like in a real survival world. This allows everyone to contribute by taking on the available jobs, which vary from decorating sinkholes to creating dungeons and tombs. There’s something for everyone. We still need to design and implement the special custom elements so that the game will have a completely unique experience in our first survival map.
- Project Leader, @raarmaarwaar

Other Developments

We reached a record high player count recently since… who even knows when, reaching 16 players online out of the 20 slot maximum. As I mentioned in my intro, it’s been great seeing the server so active in recent weeks, and I look forward to seeing this continue.

Technical Corner

The server has been updated to version 1.19.4, with higher versions able to join too.

Promotions/Changes

I hope you’ll all join me in welcoming two new builders into the club, TheApplePiano and Rio155!

Featured Creation

Everyone’s favourite Dragon related lord of Pixals, @DragonLordPixal has been working hard on a ginourmous solo project, which has been coming along very nicely in the last few weeks. Here’s a sneak peak at the rather mammoth map…

Closing

As ever, I want to thank you all for reading. It’s been a bit of a rocky road with the old update letters for a long while now, but I hope that whenever one does magically pop up out of nowhere, you enjoy a good old catchup. A few things to remember: if you haven’t already, join our discord server, check out our official Instagram, and remember to drink water and stay hydrated. That’s all folks, adios! <3

3 Likes

Nice! I’ve also heard even more new builders are going “spawn in” soon too!

2 Likes

Lovely to see a new Newsletter, well done to all involved. And thanks Mr. yam for such a well written piece!

2 Likes

Exited to see (and now help with) the progress!

3 Likes

We are just getting started!

1 Like

It’s my project :open_mouth:

1 Like