The EpicQuestz Newsletter #53 (17/10/21)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue #53 - 17 October 2021

Editor’s Note

Hello one and all. Here I am again, actually on schedule for once, ready to tell you all you need to know for the last two weeks. We are rapidly approaching our tenth anniversary now, but more on that later. For now, let’s start with our favourite Rohan project, Aldburg . . .
-Editor, @dog_lover11

Project Progress

Aldburg | In Progress
Project Leader: @Tobberz

No Aldburg updates so far, since the project is approaching final quality checks by upper staff. Those with jobs still unfinished should complete them, so that the checks may begin.
- Project Leader, @Tobberz

Bree | In Progress
Co-Leader: @LimeeFox Co-Leader: @dog_lover11

Not much has occurred within the realms of Breeland lately, other than a little more progress and designing of terrain and texturing.
- Project Leader, @dog_lover11

Happy Anniversary!

EpicQuestz officially turns ten years old on the 22nd of October. Ten glorious years since it all began. It’s almost hard to comprehend how far we’ve come in the time, and to celebrate such an occasion, we have announced several events, including the most recently announced build-off! It will last a week, starting on the anniversary itself, and has a broad theme of “somewhere in Middle-Earth”, so get creative!. There is more to come, but for now you can read up on the build-off here.

Technical Corner

Plugins and server software have been updated to the latest versions. The headsdatabase plugin has been readied to the server, bringing back the marvellous /hdb GUI and the /hdb search commands. The /skulls plugin is still there, but has a lesser selection of heads to choose from.

The Adfly links on our downloads have been removed due to its paywall.

Promotions/Changes

CasualBlue - formally Kicker19 - has rejoined the team as builder after reapplying.

Featured Creation

I’m sneaking in my own creation before anyone notices it’s mine!! I made this little Mediterranean inspired vineyard plot a little while ago, and I was pretty happy with the results.

Closing

That’s all I have for this one folks. I hope to see some of you in our build contest soon, and I’ll expect you’ll be speaking to Tobberz very soon. Adios :wave:

BI-WEEKLY QUIZ:

Here’s an interesting one I stumbled upon the other day while browsing some distant corner of the internet:

How many words are in the Lord of the Rings book trilogy? (closest guess wins)

5 Likes

Thanks for the great newsletter!
How many words in LotR? Well, it has ~1000 pages. I think 300 words per page is reasonable, iirc ~250 is average but LotR seemed a bit denser than usual. 300,000 words?

A gentle reminder also to donate, please. We need 25 Euros absolute minimum this month, preferably more. This isn’t for me, this is for all of us so that we can have a server to play on.

25 Euros means I have to ask again next month.

Some of you have donated a lot, and I thank you for it and feel awful about pestering.

1 Like

more then 6!

1 Like

My guess is uhhh 480,000 words actually I included the hobbit in my previous guess for some dumb reason

I edited the previous guess out

1 Like