The EpicQuestz Newsletter #51 (09/08/21)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue #51 - 9 August 2021

Editor’s Note

Good afternoon everybody. it’s been a while, I know, but things get tangled up easily so this is your gazillionth delayed newsletter of the lot. I’m nothing if not consistent, so to avoid any mumbo jumbo of why this wasn’t posted two weeks ago, I’ll just begin.
-@dog_lover11

Project Progress

Aldburg | In Progress
Project Leader: @Tobberz

Aldburg is, in essence, very nearly complete. There are zero - yes zero - jobs left at the current moment, with the remaining few mainly revolving around the outlying details, such as the graveyards. With a couple of tweaks and changes, including an accidentally missed interior and some extra street decor for immersion, this project should be wrapped up and complete in the next month.
- Editor, @dog_lover11

Bree | In Progress
Co-Leader: @LimeeFox Co-Leader: @dog_lover11

Around a dozen jobs are currently unclaimed on Bree after a couple of successful and spontaneous build sessions (shoutout to @DragonLordPixal). We are gradually tackling the mammoth amount of interior decor, but we are fighting a good fight. We also asked members to design some market stalls for us, as the aim is to finish the main square in the near future.
- Project Leader, @dog_lover11

Grimslade | Released!
Project Leader:@LimeeFox

Grimslade has been released! Months after completion, the cinematic has been finalised and the project is now up for download on our website, and on Planet Minecraft.

All information for this project can be found HERE
- Editor, @dog_lover11

Other Developments

The previous staff meeting summary has been finalised and released. It is available here.

Also, much less server related, both @Tobberz and myself have celebrated birthdays the last month, with myself turning 18 last week and his 21st being yesterday =D

Technical Corner

The server has been updated to 1.17.1, meaning we can now make use of all the marvellous new blocks and items. In addition to this, we have a new heads plugin, /skulls, which includes a custom GUI feature we may implement in the future.

Promotions/Changes

Floek_2 (@Byyns on forums and discord) has been promoted to builder, after a successful application and trial.

EpicQuestz Interviews

Now, this is a little awkward, but due to short notice and miscommunication, the interview this week isn’t able to be released… I know I know, hold back your tears, but I PROMISE that it will be included next edition. Please don’t hold it against me <3

Featured Creation

@DragonLordPixal started work on a rather gigantic project this week, with some impressive terrain work and a port well underway. I’m sorry about the lack of shaders I have such low storage on my hard drive I had to uninstall things I rarely use :((

Closing

As this newsletter comes to its end, I’m left once again desperately thinking of a good outro to write. Alas I can’t so just pretend I wrote something outrageously humorous and laugh. Goodbye!

BI-WEEKLY QUIZ:
Who was the most powerful of the Valar?

Answer to the previous quiz:
There wasn’t really a correct response last week, so this section is blank ):

2 Likes

Nice newsletter dog! Sneaky, writing all of the project descriptions yourself.
Melkor would have been by far the most powerful of the Valar, singlehandedly waging a war against the might of all the others combined. However, it is somewhat doubtful whether he can truly be considered one. Manwë, who is certainly Vala, is both king of the Valar and the second most powerful of all the Ainur. However, it is interesting to note that Mandos appears to hold the most power over the fates of the world, whilst Aulë is the only one to successfully create an entirely new race.

Well, that’s somewhat correct. In terms of cunning, willpower, presence, strength, etc, Melkor would be the most powerful. But in terms of raw strength, Tulkas is easily the strongest, as the champion of the Valar. It is said, though, that Orome, the Hunter, in his, wrath could surpass even Tulkas in strength and fury.

2 Likes