The EpicQuestz Newsletter #47 (30/05/21)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue 47 - 30 May 2021

Editor’s Note

Hello and welcome to what is probably the most delayed newsletter to date! Now, first and foremost, I’d like to apologise for there being over a month since the last publish. It’s entirely my fault, since I vanished without a word for a few weeks to focus on finishing college and the likes, but I’ll talk about that in the outro. For now I wish I could promise you a detailed and exciting update letter, but truth be told there isn’t quite as much as you’d expect. But enough preamble and waffle, let’s get on with it.
-@dog_lover11

Project Progress

Aldburg | In Progress
Project Leader: @Tobberz

Since the last newsletter almost all gardens are done, there are only 2 more left! When these are finished, the outer bailey will be complete and we can head towards the surrounding land, where there are some layouts and ideas for small additions already planned out. As for the motte, 2 more buildings will be added as well as some rooms to be decorated in the keep.

- Project Deputy, @raarmaarwaar

Bree | In Progress
Co-Leader: @LimeeFox Co-Leader: @dog_lover11

After a small-scale building session, we managed to decorate a few more interiors, but there is still a fair few left to go. @LimeeFox also worked on the outer terraforming a little more.
- Project Co-Leader, @dog_lover11

Other Developments

The server has been hosting another build off since Friday just passed. The theme this time is the Causeway Forts, and if you choose the enter, you have until Saturday, June 5th.
For the detailed forum post, you can follow this link.

Technical Corner

The ‘Schematic Brush Reborn’ plugin has been temporarily removed, as it takes up a lot of CPU. The issue will be rectified soon.

Promotions/Changes

There have been no promotions, nor demotions, in the last few weeks.

Featured Creation

This newsletter, I wanted to feature one of RevenJoakim’s recent screenshots. An active member in our Discord server, he posts frequent screenshots and updates on his stunning creations, taking a special interest in Oslo’s architecture. Here’s one of his most recent works.

Closing

And that’s it for newsletter number forty-seven. Again, I do apologise for the radio silence of the last month, I take full responsibility. As mentioned above, I was busy finalising my college courses, and I temporarily uninstalled Discord so I had less distractions. But with that out of the way, I now have the time to get back in the rhythm of writing these wonderful updates. The schedule got a little funky, with this technically being 5 weeks, but the fortnightly releases will continue from here on out.
Hoping that’s as much information as you need to find it in your hearts to forgive me, I’ll be going now. Until next time, this is your editor-in-chief signing out.

BI-WEEKLY QUIZ:

Who (or what) is the oldest creature in Middle Earth with a physical form?

Answer to the previous quiz:

My favourite answer had to be @Enoshade’s, since he went the extra mile, in creating these mock Spotify podcast episodes.

3 Likes

I simply can’t believe that newsletters could be so late!!!
Such a shocking and disgraceful lack of standards, nay, a lack of basic punctuality from you Mr. Doggo I would never ever ever find myself in such a moral quagmire such as yourself…
Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous!

Also for the quiz it could either be Treebeard or my BOY Tom bombaDILLO coming from the ends of water wood reed and WILLOW

In which age? 4th age? I’d say that Tom Bombadil is a very likely candidate, although perhaps any remaining Maiar spirits would win.

Treebeard? may the light of Treegarth shine on through the reign of Eldarion or Anarion or whatever the heck Estel/Aragorn’s son’s name is

1 Like

I know you only get one guess but non-spirit maia in their current instantiation would probably be oldest, disregarding them maybe Artanis/Galadriel, she and Celeborn (I think) were born during the Years of the Trees; I think she’s about 7-9K years old

1 Like