The EpicQuestz Newsletter #30 (6/7/20)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue 30 - 6 July 2020
Editor’s Note
Meesa back! Only five issues later and I’m already back at the wheel. As with both my previous issues of the newsletter, there is quite little to update you guys on.
Project Progress

Osgiliath | In Progress
Project Leader: @the_pharaohs_cat

“As per last newsletter, nothing has happened as we are waiting for @the_pharaohs_cat to work out a Lower Middle Class house design, as well as help set up the jobs plugin for that project. Hopefully this will make progress in the next two weeks.”

Setton | In Progress
Project Leaders: @LimeeFox, @raarmaarwaar

“Unfortunately no-one was available this fortnight to comment on Setton, but there has undoubtedly been a lot of progress.”

Aldburg | In Progress
Project Leader: @Tobberz

“As per last newsletter, nothing has happened as we are waiting for @the_pharaohs_cat to work out the house design. We also need a builder to do the outer palisade.”

Rohan Terrain | In Progress
Project Leader: @Enoshade

“I have recommenced working on the project, and have just started getting the overall White Mountains into a presentable state.”

Other Developments

Following on from @Elu_Thingol’s message last week, there has been a major update regarding the resource packs. A new pack, the Eriador pack, has split off and is now being used on Setton. You can, of course, read their changelogs on the Resource Packs section of the forums. The coming days will also feature further development of these three resource packs. See Elu’s comment below for additional information:

I have taken on the mantle of “Texture Manager”, meaning my entire job is basically to mess around with the Resource Packs, and hope something good comes out. I’ve been working on glass and door/trapdoor textures in the Eriador pack, which - when complete - will be ported over to the other two packs. I’ve also slightly recoloured Dark Oak, making it less saturated. Going forward, I’m going to work on some behind-the-scenes logistics regarding pack development, which should make it easier for me and anyone who wants to help!

Technical Corner

@Stealwonders has made lots of progress corncerning the technical development of the server in the past fortnight. EpicJobs nows uses custom GUIs instead of chat messages, and many EpicJobs bugs were resolved. The server now supports joining with 1.16.0 and 1.16.1 clients. The server itself will be updated to 1.16 when the version becomes more stable and the various plugins that we use on the server have been updated.

Promotions/Changes

There have been no promotions this fortnight. :^(

What Can Members Do?

There is still work aplenty for builders, these tasks ranging from Setton interiors to Osgiliath exteriors, most of which can be found using /jobs list - the instructions regarding claiming, teleporting, etc. are quite obvious in the GUI. Don’t forget to do /job done [job] when you finish one!

Featured Creation

It’s time to toot my own horn again, this week’s featured creation goes to… (well it’s pretty obvious by the start of the sentence, but…) me!

Closing

Sadly there appears to be a steady downtrend in the memes that feature in my newsletters, I guess I’m just not cut out for comedy. Regardless, we look forward to seeing more progress in the coming weeks, especially since I (who have been holding up 2/3 of our projects - tee hee) am now on holiday again. Have fun! o/

BI-WEEKLY QUIZ:
What have I got in my pocket?

Answer to the previous quiz:
Q: What were the three Houses of the Edain?
A: The House of Bëor, the House of Haleth and the House of Hador.

3 Likes

Is this at last… a question I might be able to get right???
I suppose there’s several answers, one could say handses, a knife, string or nothing, or even a magical ring of power, but the true answer is subjective to that of the editor’s own opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

HANDSES!!!

orrr nothinggggg

1 Like

You don’t have pockets, and my life is a lie.

1 Like

A magical ring of power you say?
I should think not, my lad
It’s quite obvious that Cat has THE PRECIOUSSS,
THE PRECIOUS IS LOSSST! BAGGINSSS! CURSE HIM, CURSE HIM, WE HATES HIM FOREVEEERRR!

1 Like