The EpicQuestz Newsletter #34 (01/09/20)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue 34 - 1 September 2020
Editor’s Note
G’day mates! Apologies for the delay on this one, it’s been a hectic time for me lately, but I can always find the time for my favourite server. Dust has settled as we are coming to the end of the summer, but nonetheless, let’s dive in to it!
Project Progress

Setton | Complete!
Project Leaders: @LimeeFox, @raarmaarwaar

After a go-through with the highest of the staff members, we edited a couple of spots such as the little bridge, the Inn’s stables, some farm grounds and other little details.

Aldburg | In Progress
Project Leader: @Tobberz

The first set of jobs is now complete, so part one of Aldburg is done. I’ve been on holiday, but when I’m back I’ll continue with my planning of part two. After this is done, I’ll sort a new set of jobs out.

Other Developments

@LimeeFox added 4 new trees to the /warp assets plot. Remember if you want to copy or add a new asset, ask Fox himself or one of the higher powers to trust you to the plot.

Technical Corner

The EpicQuestz Dynmap is fixed again, and is now available at https://map.epicquestz.com.
The new website has been released, after lots of hard work from @Tobberz and @StealWonders. You can check it out in the same the old website: https://www.epicquestz.com.
Downloading resource packs can now be done by simply doing /rp [pack name] in game. Remember, the packs available are: Rohan, Eriador, Gondor, and Legacy.

Resource Packs

@Elu_Thingol has spent lots of time hard at work on all three of the resource packs, which will be released soon on the newly updated website, along with a change list.

Promotions/Changes
There have been no promotions this fortnight. On the bright side, there have been no demotions either!

Featured Creation

This weeks featured creation come from none other than one of our newest builders @Raider_Ross He created a selection of really nice renders in Blender.

Closing

That’s about it for this edition folks! Seems to be my curse that most of my newsletters are written during the quiet periods of the server, but with summer coming to its end and school restarting for many people, it looks like the crazy amounts of progress in the last couple of months might be slowing down. Until next time, my friends.

BI-WEEKLY QUIZ:
Who drained the Two Trees of Valinor of their light in the Silmarillion?

Answer to the previous quiz:
“Feanor did nothing wrong and the Teleri were asking for it” ~ @Louis_rc

3 Likes

Ungoliant, bitch queen of spiders

1 Like

Lovely newsletter Mr. Dogman! :smiley:
In answer to the quiz, it’s been some time since I’ve done a smexy bit of showing off with my Silmarillion knowledge, so here goes.
Ungoliant drained the light of the Two Trees!
I suppose you could also say that Melkor helped, seeing as he was the one who initially attacked the trees with his spear, but it was Ungoliant who actually drained the light from the Trees.