The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue 14 - 13 October 2019
- Editor, @fox
Grimslade | Almost Complete
We are getting closer to completion! We have slightly redesigned the top level, thus adding space from some trees (that are yet to be built) and various crates and other props. There is a stone horse statue in the middle, surrounded by stables. We completed & modified a couple of interiors overall in the town, and are now focusing on an update of the farm fields…
- Project Leader, @fox (LimeeFox)
Rohan Terrain | In Progress
I’m currently trying to resume the work on the Rohan terrain. I’ve spent some time editing the river systems, and especially on improving the Emyn Muil in the area around Rauros Falls. I’ll be exporting the tree assets I have created soon and will then improve the Fangorn forest as well as populating the rest of Rohan with trees & vegetation.
- Terrain Leader, @Enoshade
We did a big rank update:
- We wanted to align the ranks people had (i.e: Manager, Designer, Creator) more with the roles they had within projects (i.e: Leader, Deputy, Manager, etc). As such, we made changes to both the ranks system and the project roles & Leadership system, to bring them more in line with each other.
- Now, Designers will always occupy the “Project Designer” role, and Managers will always occupy the “Project Manager” role, with Creators continuing in their role as “Project Overseer”.
- Unlike before, where Manager was inferior to Designer on projects, the two ranks are now much more equal. In fact, they can be seen as the same rank in many ways, but occupying different jobs or roles within EpicQuestz. Designers will concentrate more on the creative vision and aesthetics of projects, with Managers concentrating more on the management and direction of a project.
I highly encourage you to read the full post concerning this update, which is much better than relying on this summary!
Here is the link: Rank Reform '19
In the last newsletter edition, I mentioned multiple players who have been demoted from novice to guest. A couple of days later, we decided to also demote the few most inactive, or least helpful members of the build team, from builder to Novice. You will find their names in the following list:
They were great members of our community… All of them were involved in an ancient EpicQuestz, at least in some point. Some of them contributed very much to some projects, others even made entire ones by themselves… We thank them for their great service over these years! However it isn’t excluded that someday, they could perhaps come back and join the team again!
Changing subject, we started planning the city of Aldburg… More info will be available in the coming week(s), in a forum post & discord announcement.
The following permissions have been added to Guests and upper ranks:
every plot description permission (/plot desc)
fixed brush mask on FAWE, FAVS and such
PlotSquared claiming issues haven’t been fixed yet.
Hargarinn has been promoted to Builder!
the_pharaohs_cat has been given the role of Moderator!
I’d like to feature the_pharaohs_cat’s kitchen, where he cooks meals for the lords of Grimslade!
BI-WEEKLY QUIZ: What was the name given to the forest of Mirkwood after the war of the ring? COMMENT DOWN BELOW! Answer is revealed in the next newsletter!
Answer to the previous quiz: It is the light of the star of Eärendil, the silmaril that he possessed, trapped in the phial. It’s said to be the brightest star.