The EpicQuestz Newsletter #9 (09/07/19)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue 9 - 9 July 2019

Editor’s Note
Hello there! Unfortunately you’re back to boring old Tobberz this week, but I’m grateful for @LimeeFox for his organisation of Issue #8. Apologies for being two days late :frowning: A lot has happened over the past fortnight - we’ve released Éoford to great success, and finally completed our new Helm’s Deep map! Also coming up in this Newsletter is exciting news about our new Rohan project. Read on for more…
- Editor, @Tobberz
Project Progress

Dale | /warp dale | In Progress
[Leader: @the_pharaohs_cat]
“We have resumed progress on Dale, with some progress on the interiors on the South-East island, as well as a lot of rebuilding and restructuring of the old houses to make them fit better. Now Cat has finished his Helm’s Deep project, he should have more time to spend leading this project - but there’s still a lot of work for Builders to do interior-wise.”
- Project Overseer, @Tobberz

Helm’s Deep | /warp Helms_Deep | !Complete!
[Leader: @the_pharaohs_cat]
“Helm’s Deep is now finished! Since the last update letter we have retextured the outside dirt paths, finished off the paths within the caves and decorated and redecorated many different parts of the map, including the quarry to the east side of the Deeping Coomb. As the project is finished it will hopefully be available for download sometime in the not-too-distant future, once a cinematic is complete.”
- Project Leader, @the_pharaohs_cat

Barad-Dur | /warp baraddur | In Progress
[Manager: @thebeserker]
“We are continuing to finish the cells and revamp the armoury.”
- Project Manager, @thebeserker

Rohan Terrain | In Progress
[Leader: @Enoshade]
“The huge rohan map is well under way, and is being worked on in WorldPainter. Both the Misty Mountains and the White Mountains have been generated using World Machine, and I am currently focusing on the plains and Fangorn regions.”
- Terrain Leader, @Enoshade

Other Developments
The release of Éoford has gone very well, with it already amassing over 450 downloads and 2000 views on Planet Minecraft. Be sure to check out the cinematic on YouTube too!

Along with the 1.13 update (see below), our Resource Pack has been updated to 1.13. We are now working on new coarse dirt, andesite, diorite and granite textures.

As you will have seen in the ‘Rohan Terrain’ section above, Enoshade is working on a new unified Rohan map. The plan here is to, eventually, release a united “Kingdom of Rohan” map for download, which would include a fully built and terrained realm, with all the major sites (Helm’s Deep, Isengard, Edoras), along with other towns, holds and fortresses. This will be a lot of work, but this awesome new Unified Rohan project will be our focus for the forseeable future.

Technical Corner
We have successfully and smoothly updated to 1.13. There are still some glitches and bugs to be squashed, but otherwise everything has gone surprisingly well.

@StealWonders is working on an awesome new job assignment plugin, which the Leadership will announce in more detail at a later date.

Promotions
Congratulations to @Savitar for being promoted to Artist!

Featured Creation

A brilliant Rohan-themed project by the newly promoted Savitarr!

Closing
Firstly, don’t tell Fox that I didn’t include a featured creation because he’ll execute me. Otherwise, this has been a good few weeks for EpicQuestz, as we approach a new Rohirric age - with its birth defined by the completion and release of Éoford and Helm’s Deep. I’m certainly excited about what’s around the corner. See you next time!
4 Likes

I’m glad you’re back for the 9th issue! I’m also happy to see that the Helm’s Deep is completed and that project Rohan is finally being continued with Grimslade! Very interesting and exciting newsletter you’ve got here, I loved reading it.

1 Like

if (tobberz = not-include-a-video) {
fox.terminator-T800 = execute.order-66
fox.terminator-T800 = execute.tobberz
} else {
fox.kindest.person.ever = love-love-love
}

Despite me missing a little video I like this update letter! Good job on Helm’s Deep completion and good job on the letter, Tobberz!

Edit: it won’t show the spaces I did before the executive commands for my Terminator side ;(

1 Like