The EpicQuestz Newsletter #38 (20/12/20)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue 38 - 20 December 2020
Editor’s Note
Hello everyone! I haven’t sat myself in the Editor position for some while, life’s been pretty crazy recently. But nonetheless, a crazy amount of work has happened around the Rohan project lately, including the one and only Grimslade being unpaused. So I’ll stop teasing you, and dive straight in to that sweet sugary progress report.
-@dog_lover11
Project Progress

Aldburg | In Progress
Project Leader: @Tobberz

Over the past month or so, an awful lot has happened on Aldburg. We’ve reworked the central Inn a little, as well as had a think (and re-think!) about the main fortress structure. @LimeeFox built a wonderful castle which me and @the_pharaohs_cat are working to meld into the Numenorean style. A lot of progress has been made on the new farm down by the floodplain, and I’d like to especially mention @raarmaarwaar and @MarcelAlKenany in this, as their work has been invaluable.

We’ve also made good progress in decorating the back yards of some of the motte buildings, and are about 1/3 of the way through on this. However, a fair few of them will have to wait until the main fortress is done.
- Project Overseer, @Tobberz

Rohan Terrain | In Progress
Project Leader: @Enoshade

I have made huge progress since the last report. The new Grimslade terrain was finished at the start of this month, which has allowed the project to go into the final stage of building. I have also advanced my techniques in World Painter, and each completed section means that I know more and can finish the next one faster. More on Grimslade below!
- Project Leader, @Enoshade
Grimslade | In Progress
Project Leader: @Tobberz

Grimslade has been unpaused and I have created it as a project within the EpicJobs plugin. There are a few jobs available on here, and @Savitar has already made a good start on some of them. The map is mainly done as you will remember, but we are just working on the agricultural terrain and infrastructure to the north of the city, next to the mountains. This should be done in the coming week or so, and I expect the map will be done before the new year. We can wait for @LimeeFox to make a cinematic, then I’d expect release some time in January or February at the latest.
- Project Overseer, @Tobberz

Other Developments

The server has been updated to 1.16.4.
Technical Corner

“All changes are too minor and utterly boring for the normal user.” -Stealwonders
(But EpicQuestz now has a GitHub account and EpicSuite has a wiki!)

Promotions/Changes
Due to @the_pharaohs_cat’s growing inactivity around the server, he has decided to step back from his role as Lead Builder. He will remain as a designer, and as a member of the staff team, however will now encounter fewer responsibilities.
Craig_Gavinson has been demoted from artist to builder.

Featured Creation

This edition’s featured creation is from @Gelek’s long standing personal project, the Iron Hills. He’s worked on some cavernous halls, fit with a winding pathway (helped by myself). Feast your eyes on this dwarven creation!

Closing

That brings us to the end of another newsletter, folks. The year seems to be coming to a close, and this will be the last newsletter of the year. As such, on behalf of the staff team, I’d like to thank all members for the hard work you’ve put in this year. It’s certainly been a strange one, but life goes on, and I can’t wait to see what the next one brings.

BI-WEEKLY QUIZ:
As the year draws to its end, I’d like to present a more open question. After another 365 days of EpicQuestz, what has been your favourite? What have you enjoyed? What have you built that you’re proud of? This is a much more subjective question, answer however you please.

Answer to the previous quiz:
The first part of The Silmarillion is Ainulindalë

4 Likes

I have enjoyed watching Steal do most of everything and code a lot

1 Like

Beging a project leader on Setton and hosting a epic build off competition!

3 Likes

Thank you for the newsletter @lew_yam11! It’s hard to say what my favourite thing this year was, as I hardly remember what was going on near the beginning, but I must say that the spurt of work on Grimslade terrain was enjoyable if rather taxing. Just messing around with others on the server was fun too.

1 Like