Rank Reform '19

Part III

We’ve long felt there was an issue distinguishing between Builders who wanted to use the EQ server for plots and their own builds (which is completely fine), and those who wanted to become active team members and help out on projects. All the staff has spent some time thinking about how best to make this distinction, to be fairest to those who help out.

As such, the Builder rank has been split into a member and non-member rank (Builder and Traveller). They both get exactly the same perms.

Builders are active members of the team who can proceed onto ranks like Artist. The Builder rank is achieved by going through a short trial period, where a Traveller gets the “Trial Builder” rank for one month, making them a greylisted team member. During this trial it’s up to the player to screenshot and record all the project work they do, preferably also noting down where they did it. At the end of this trial period, they present their work and either get promoted (most likely) or denied (very unlikely).

I want it to be as easy as possible to get Builder from traveller. You’ve already proven your Building skill, and I really want active builders. I just want to distinguish between those who are at all willing to help out, and those who aren’t.

If you would like to become a Trial Builder, see this application thread here. It’s very easy: https://forums.epicquestz.com/t/trial-builder-rank-requests/

All but 5 Builders have been re-allocated to Traveller. I can’t emphasise how much this is not a demotion. Indeed, in the coming days I’ll explain how Travellers will be able to work a limited amount on projects, just not with the same wide-ranging project permissions Builders get. As such, honestly if you just like helping out occasionally perhaps Builder isn’t the rank for you.

4 Likes