A collection of projects based in Rohan, all built within the same contiguous world. We have the end-goal of releasing the whole kingdom for download, a feat which will effectively be the first of its kind.
[Needs Adapting] Helm’s Deep
[Not Started] Edoras
[Not Started] Isengard
[Not Started] Aldburg
[Not Started] Dunharrow
[In Progress] Other Villages / Towns
–[Complete] Éoford (Village)
–[In Progress] Grimslade
As you will have seen in the past two Newsletters, @Enoshade is working on the terrain of Rohan in Worldmachine and Worldpainter, and this should be ready in the next few weeks, once assets have been made. We will then embark on the plan outlined below. There’s no real deadlines or time-limit for this, but expect it to be a long-term project. This project will be based before the War of the Ring.
- Release Helm’s Deep and Éoford on PMC (including cinematic, etc)
a. Éoford has been released, we’re just waiting on Helm’s Deep now.
- Once the terrain is finished, embark on three principle projects - two Secondary, one Primary:
a. Integrate the new Helm’s Deep into the new Rohan terrain.
b. Integrate Éoford into the new Rohan terrain.
c. Start work on Grimslade.
- Create a Rohan page on PMC with a roadmap, and links to already done projects. Also update the main Middle-Earth page at this time.
- Embark on building the remaining locations above, as well as numerous other minor settlements and between-settlement filler. Whilst Edoras will be completely remade, I foresee that we’ll re-use much of Orthanc from previous versions of Isengard.
- Indivudual locations, once completed, may be released for download individually (extracted from the main map and put in another world, classic EQ style), but the principle aim is to eventually release the entire, contiguous map for download.
P.s: We are considering moving the direction of the current EQPack from a “one size fits all” sort of thing to a Rohan-specific one, or perhaps having this as a branch. More will follow…