The EpicQuestz Newsletter #13 (15/09/19)

The EpicQuestz Newsletter
Issue 13 - 15 September 2019

Editor’s Note
Salutations! It has been a month since the last newsletter, but it’s back… We have good and bad news, but the show must go on! Let’s take a look at what we have:
- Editor, @fox

Project Progress

Grimslade | In Progress
[Leader: @fox]
We have built a fancy fence around the fields, that we later filled with wheat and potatoes, while 3 fields are empty, resting for the “next season”. The interior in the biggest farm house has been completed, and the 2 others are being worked on. We have designed a major replan for the top level. There are going to be 2 houses on the western side, a tower on the eastern side and another one west, stables, barracks and finally the throne Hall.
- Project Leader, @fox (LimeeFox)

Minas Tirith | In Progress
[Leader: @the_pharaohs_cat]
I have been testing out different styles of detailing in the 5th level, but aside from that, not much has happened as I have been busy with real life and had not much free time for the past 4 weeks.
- Project Leader, @the_pharaohs_cat

Rohan Terrain | In Progress
[Leader: @Enoshade]
I’ve started preparing the areas for Edoras and Dunharrow, while also finishing off the trees I’ve been making. There is still a long way to go, but the foundations are laid in.
- Terrain Leader, @Enoshade

Other Developments

So here is the sad news: Kicker19 voluntarily asked for a demotion due to his long-term inactivity. He holds now the rank of Artist. Hopefully, we’ll see him around in the future!

Technical Corner

• Dynmap has returned (accessible via https://map.epicquestz.com/)
  • A newer version of World Edit has been installed
  • The pet-block plugin has been updated
  • The resourcepack has been updated to the version 2.2 . Here are the changes:

Andesite texture made much less blue and much more bearable.
    Soul sand now fits in with dirt & coarse dirt, so use it in dirty textures or paths!
    Dark Prismarine & Prismarine Bricks edited to be more tile-like.
    Download it here: https://downloads.epicquestz.com/files/ResourcePacks/EQPack_2.2.zip

• The website is now available with tls 1.3 and min tls version is 1.2 . ipv6 support: soon
  • The backup plugin has been updated aswell
    Further info: backups now occur twice a day, at 10am and 4:30am GMT+1

Promotions
Kicker19 has been demoted to Artist.

Featured Creation
Another version of Iron Hills that is being worked on by Gelek!

Closing

BI-WEEKLY QUIZ: Who voiced Treebeard? COMMENT DOWN BELOW! Answer is revealed in the next newsletter!
Answer to the previous quiz: Elledan, Elrohir and Arwen. Aragorn was “adopted” by the dear lord Elrond.

I hope to see you around on build.epicquestz.com (version 1.13.2 and above)! I wish you a pleasant week!

3 Likes

First newsletter for a month, tasty. Gobble gobble.

3 Likes

Hroom, hroom.
Trying not to be too hasty here, but I believe the voice of the Tree with a Beard was supplied by Mr. John Rhys Davis a.k.a Gimli

2 Likes

yep louis is right it was gimli

2 Likes

Louwee and Memecat back at it again

1 Like